The telescope mount is an essential part of any telescope system. It helps to stabilize the telescope and point it in the right direction. There are a variety of different telescope mounts available on the market, so it is important to choose the best one for your needs.
One of the most popular types of telescope mounts is the goto telescope mount. This type of mount uses a computerized system to find the target object and then points the telescope at it. This is a more advanced type of mount than the traditional alt-az mount, which uses a magnetic system to keep the telescope pointed in the correct direction.
If you are looking for the best goto telescope mount for your needs, be sure to consider the features that are important to you. Some important features to consider include the accuracy of the mount, the ease of use, and the price. If you are looking for a mount that is reliable and easy to use, be sure to check out the available options that Besttechsmart has compiled below.
1. Sky Watcher EQ6-Ri Pro – Fully Computerized GoTo German Equatorial Telescope Mount
The EQ6Ri Pro is a fully computerized GoTo German equatorial telescope mount that is capable of accurately tracking astronomical objects for both visual observing and astrophotography. This mount uses belt driven stepper motors to provide whisperquiet slewing with renowned precision and accuracy while virtually eliminating Periodic Error. It has a payload capacity of 44 pounds, which is perfect for all but the heaviest optical tubes. The mount also has a builtin illuminated polar finderscope to provide quick and easy polar alignment. It is easy to transport and quick to set up, thanks to the builtin handle.
- PRECISE ACCURATE GOTO: Computerized, motorized GoTo German equatorial telescope mount capable of accurately tracking astronomical objects for both visual observing and astrophotography
- BELT DRIVEN STEPPER MOTORS provide whisper-quiet slewing with renowned precision and accuracy while virtually eliminating Periodic Error
- 44-POUND PAYLOAD: Beefy, all-metal construction provides 44-pound payload capacity, perfect for all but the heaviest optical tubes
- 42,000+ OBJECT DATABASE: SynScan Wi-Fi adapter with FREE SynScan Pro app. 42,000 plus object database will keep even the most experienced astronomer busy for countless observing nights. Tripod Leg Diameter: 2". Power Type: 12V (4 amp minimum). Latitude Range (degrees): May-65. Mounting Saddle Type: D/V
- BUILT-IN ILLUMINATED POLAR FINDERSCOPE provides quick and easy polar alignment
2. NexStar 5SE Telescope – Fully-Automated GoTo Mount – SkyAlign Technology
The NexStar 5SE Telescope is a computerized telescope that is perfect for both beginners and experienced observers. The 5-inch aperture Schmidt-Cassegrain optics provide clear images of the moon and planets, while the SkyAlign technology makes it easy to align the telescope. The telescope also breaks down into small components for easy storage. The Celestron NexStar 5SE Telescope has a 2-year warranty and unlimited support from our team of US-based experts.
- NEXSTAR 5SE COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE: Celestron’s iconic orange tube telescope combines 5 inch Schmidt-Cassegrian optics with updated technology and the latest features for an amazing stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- 5-INCH APERTURE SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN TELESCOPE: 5-inch primary mirror packs enough light-gathering ability to deliver impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula, while retaining a compact form factor.
- FULLY-AUTOMATED GOTO MOUNT: With a database of 40,000 plus celestial objects, NexStar SE's GoTo mount locates and tracks objects for you. It's the perfect telescope for astronomy beginners. NexStar SE is also compatible with StarSense and SkyPortal WiFi.
- EASY TO SET UP & USE: Assembling the telescope takes just a few minutes.Once you're set up, built-in SkyAlign technology helps you align the telescope fast. When you're done observing, the telescope breaks down into small components for easy storage.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from Celestron, a leading telescope brand in California since 1960. Purchasing from an Authorized Dealer on Amazon gives you a 2-Year US Warranty and unlimited support from our team of US-based experts.
3. CGEM II EQ Mount and Tripod
The CGEM II mount is a great choice for those looking for an advanced equatorial mount. This mount is capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end SCT optical tubes securely and vibration free, making it ideal for both imaging and visual observing. The CGEM II also features Celestron’s innovative Polar alignment procedure called AllStar, which makes polar alignment quick and easy. The Solar System alignment method also allows you to view the moon and planets during the day, giving you the opportunity to see the sky at various times under various conditions. The altitude and azimuth adjustment knobs on the CGEM II make polar alignment adjustment quick and easy, while the advanced controls USB port on the hand control allows for additional control of the telescope via computer.
- Ergonomic Design: The CGEM II has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes securely and vibration free, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing
- Innovation: The CGEM II series features Celestron’s innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment
- Performance: Solar System alignment method allows you to view the moon and planets during the day. This gives you the opportunity to see the sky at various times, under various conditions
- Altitude and Azimuth Adjustment: CGEM II was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment
- Advanced Controls: USB 2.0 port on the hand control permits support of direct links to a PC via ASCOM-supported software. NexRemote telescope control software also allows for advanced control of the telescope via a computer
4. Explore Scientific FL-N150750EXOS2GT Newtonian Telescope
The Explore Scientific FLN150750EXOS2GT Newtonian Telescope with Exos2 Mount with Goto 150mm White750mm focal length F5 telescope is a great telescope for anyone looking for an affordable option. The telescope is easy to use and comes with a number of features that make it a great choice for anyone looking for an upgrade. The telescope includes a white exos2gt GOTO computerized eq mount that makes it easy to find objects in the sky and track them. The mount also includes a 40mm focuser that makes it easy to focus the telescope on objects. The telescope also includes a Plossl 25mm Eyepiece and a reddot finder that makes it easy to find objects in the sky. The telescope also includes a Smartphone camera Adapter that makes it easy to take pictures and videos of the sky with your smartphone.
- 750mm focal length F/5 telescope
- White exos-2gt GOTO computerized eq mount
- 11 lbs. Counterweight and 40mm focuser
- Comes with Plossl 25mm Eyepiece and red-dot finder
- Smartphone camera Adapter
Telescope mounts come in all shapes and sizes, and there are a few questions that are frequently asked about the best type of mount to purchase. This article will explore the five most common questions about telescope mounts, and provide some answers to help you make the best decision for your needs.
1. What is the best type of telescope mount?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best type of telescope mount will vary depending on the individual’s needs. However, there are a few general rules that can help you choose the right mount. Firstly, if you plan on travelling with your telescope, you will need a portable mount. Secondly, if you plan on doing a lot of astrophotography, you will need a mount with a motorized tracking system. Lastly, if you are a beginner, you may want to consider a Dobsonian mount, which is easy to use and relatively affordable.
2. What are the pros and cons of a Dobsonian mount?
Dobsonian mounts are a type of alt-azimuth mount, which means that they can be used for both terrestrial and celestial viewing. They are popular among beginners because they are easy to use and relatively affordable. However, they do have a few drawbacks. Firstly, they are not as portable as other types of mounts, and they are not as stable as equatorial mounts. Secondly, they do not have a motorized tracking system, which means that they are not suitable for astrophotography.
3. What are the pros and cons of an equatorial mount?
Equatorial mounts are a type of telescope mount that can only be used for celestial viewing. They are popular among experienced astronomers because they are very stable and they have a motorized tracking system, which makes them suitable for astrophotography. However, they are also the most expensive type of mount, and they are not as easy to use as other mounts.
4. What are the pros and cons of a portable mount?
Portable mounts are a type of mount that is designed to be easy to transport. They are popular among amateur astronomers who like to travel with their telescopes. However, they are not as stable as other types of mounts, and they do not have a motorized tracking system.
5. What is the best way to mount a telescope?
The best way to mount a telescope will vary depending on the type of mount that you purchase. However, most mounts can be attached to a tripod, which will provide extra stability.