Looking for the best metal detectors under $400? You’re in the right place! In this article, Besttechsmart introduce you to the best metal detectors in this price range, as well as what to look for when choosing one.
When it comes to metal detectors, you usually get what you pay for. However, there are still some great options available if you’re working with a budget. In this price range, you can expect to find metal detectors with features like computerized ground balancing, Discrimination Modes, and Tone ID.
1. Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector with DD Waterproof Search Coil and Carry Bag
If you’re in the market for a new metal detector, the Garrett ACE 400 may be just what you’re looking for. This detector offers a number of features that make it a great choice for both new and experienced detectorists.
The Garrett ACE 400 has five search modes, making it easy to find whatever you’re looking for, whether it’s coins, jewelry, or relics. It also has a Garrett 85 x 11 PROformance DD waterproof search coil, making it ideal for use in all types of terrain. The coil is also adjustable, so you can find the perfect fit for your body size and shape. And if you’re looking for even more precision, the Garrett 400 also has electronic pinpointing, which quickly and accurately locates targets.
The Garrett ACE 400 also includes a number of handy accessories. It comes with a Garrett 85 x 11 search coil cover to protect the coil, as well as sound headphones to help you hear signals more clearly. It also includes an Garrett ACE environmental cover up, which protects the detector from the elements, and a Garrett carry bag, which makes it easy to transport your detector. And if you need extra help finding targets, the Garrett 400 also comes with a Garrett searcher magazine, an exclusive two-year warranty, and a Garrett catalog.
So if you’re looking for a new metal detector that offers great features and plenty of accessories, the Garrett ACE 400 is a great option.
2. Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil and Headphone Plus Accessories
The Garrett Ace 400 metal detector is a top-of-the-line detector designed for the serious hobbyist. It comes with a waterproof coil and headphone, as well as a number of extra accessories. Let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of this detector.
One of the pros of the Garrett Ace 400 is that it is very easy to use. It has five search modes, which can be easily changed by pressing a button. It also has a digital target ID, which tells you what kind of metal you’ve found. This can be very helpful in distinguishing between coins and other objects.
Another pro of the Garrett Ace 400 is that it is very accurate. It has an enhanced iron resolution, which means that it can distinguish between different types of metal. This is especially helpful when trying to find coins or other small objects.
One of the cons of the Garrett Ace 400 is that it is a bit more expensive than some other detectors. However, it is worth the price tag, as it is a high-quality detector that is sure to last.
Another con of the Garrett Ace 400 is that it is not as sensitive as some other detectors. This means that you may have to dig a little deeper to find objects.
Overall, the Garrett Ace 400 is an excellent metal detector. It is easy to use and very accurate. It is a bit more expensive than some other detectors, but it is well worth the price.
- Extra Accessories: Garrett 8.5" x 11" Search Coil Cover, ClearSound Headphones, Garrett ACE Rain Cover
- Also Includes: Garrett 8.5" x 11" PROformance DD Waterproof Search Coil, Adjustable Arm Strap, Garrett ACE 400 Instruction Manual, Garrett Search Coil Hardware Kit, 4 "AA" Batteries Included, FREE Garrett Catalog, FREE Garrett Searcher Magazine, Exclusive 2 Year Warranty
- Includes Electronic Pinpointing: precisely locates targets and speeds recovery Notch Discrimination: Modify discrimination patterns based on what you are seeking.
- New Adjustable Frequency, New More Stable Camlocks, Enhanced Iron Resolution
- 2 year Warranty, 5 Search Modes, New Higher Frequency 10 kHz, Digital Target ID
3. Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Metal Detector, 11 Inch Waterproof DD Searchcoil, Adjustable Length
The Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Metal Detector is a great detector for finding coins, jewelry, and other treasures. This detector is easy to use and has many features that make it a great choice for any treasure hunter.
The Land Ranger Pro has an 11 inch waterproof searchcoil for increased depth and target separation. It also has 99 points of TARGETID resolution and 4Tone TARGETID providing the most accurate target identification possible. This detector is also programable, so you can decide what you want to detect and what you don’t want to detect.
The Land Ranger Pro is also lightweight and easy to carry. It weighs just 25lbs and is well balanced with an ergonomic handle and padded armrest. This detector is perfect for any treasure hunter.
- ADVANCED TARGET ID TECHNOLOGY: The Land Ranger Pro utilizes state-of-the-art technology to locate and identify metal targets buried deep underground. This metal detector has 99 points of TARGET-ID resolution and 4-Tone TARGET-ID, providing the most accurate target identification possible. Programable target discrimination, decide what you want to detect, like gold and silver and what you don't want to detect, like nails and aluminum foil.
- ALL TREASURES ALL ENVIRONMENTS: 7-Modes of operation allow quick set-up for any treasure hunting (Coin Hunting, Relic Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, etc.) in many environments (Parks, yards, fields, and beaches). Or customize your settings to fit your exact needs. Ground Grab (computerized ground balancing) automatically tunes the Land Ranger Pro to ground mineralization with one button press.
- DEEP-PENETRATING METAL DETECTOR: The Land Ranger Pro has an 11" DD waterproof searchcoil for increased depth and target separation. Finds coin-sized metal targets on the surface and buried up to 10 inches deep.
- ALL PURPOSE METAL DETECTOR: Can detect all types of metal. Perfect for jewelry, coins, and artifacts, and you can even find gold nuggets on land and shallow water.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO CARRY: It weighs just 2.5lbs and is well balanced with an ergonomic handle and padded armrest so you can treasure hunt all day.
4. Minelab Vanquish 540 Metal Detector with V12 12” x 9” Double-D Waterproof Coil
The Minelab Vanquish 540 metal detector is one of the most popular metal detectors on the market today. It has a number of features that set it apart from the competition, including MULTIIQ technology, which combines the power of multiple detectors into one, allowing you to search all metals all soils all the time. It also has an all-terrain design that allows you to outperform other detectors and dominate detection in wet sand and saltwater. Additionally, it has adjustable bias control that allows you to sort treasure from trash and maximize search efficiency. Finally, it also has a pinpoint mode that allows you to zero in and locate targets with extreme precision.
- MULTI-IQ TECHNOLOGY: Minelab’s revolutionary technology combines the power of multiple detectors into one, allowing you to effectively search all metals, all soils, all the time.
- TURN ON AND GO: Engineered to let you start accurately searching right out of the box.
- ALL-TERRAIN: Outperform other detectors and dominate detection in wet sand and saltwater using one of four find modes – Coin, Relic, Jewelry, or Custom. You can even save settings for custom searches.
- IRON BIAS: Sort treasure from trash and maximize search efficiency with adjustable bias control.
- PINPOINT MODE: Zero in and locate targets with extreme precision thanks to this specialized detection mode.
5. Nokta Makro Simplex+ WHP Waterproof Detector with 11″ Coil & Wireless Headphones
Nokta Makro Simplex WHP Waterproof Detector with 11 Coil Wireless HeadphonesIP68 Fully submersible up to 3 meters 10 ft and protected from total dust ingressIron Volume Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron toneNotch Discrimination Discriminates Target IDs of unwanted metalsSearch Modes All Metal Field Park BeachFabulous Lighting for Night Underwater Use SIMPLEX has it all LCD Backlight Keypad Backlight and LED Flashlight
The Nokta Makro Simplex WHP is a top-of-the-line waterproof metal detector that is perfect for use in a variety of environments, including water, sand, and soil. The detector is fully submersible up to 3 meters 10 ft and protected from total dust ingress. It also features a handy iron volume control, which allows you to adjust the volume of the low iron tone. The detector also has a notch discrimination feature that allows you to discriminate target IDs of unwanted metals. It has three search modes: all metal, field, and park. And it also features fabulous lighting for night use, with an LCD backlight, keypad backlight, and LED flashlight.
- IP68 - Fully submersible up to 3 meters (10 ft) and protected from total dust ingress.
- Iron Volume - Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone.
- Notch Discrimination - Discriminates Target IDs of unwanted metals.
- Search Modes - All Metal / Field / Park / Beach
- Fabulous Lighting for Night & Underwater Use - SIMPLEX+ has it all - LCD Backlight, Keypad Backlight and LED Flashlight.
There are many metal detectors on the market, and it can be hard to determine which one is the best for you. If you are looking for a quality metal detector that is affordable, the following five FAQs of the best metal detector under 400 may be of help.
FAQ #1: What are the different types of metal detectors?
There are three main types of metal detectors: pulse induction (PI), frequency modulation (FM), and Very Low Frequency (VLF). PI detectors are good for finding large objects, such as fossils, while FM detectors are good for finding small objects, such as coins. VLF detectors are a good all-around choice and are good for finding both large and small objects.
FAQ #2: What are the different features of metal detectors?
Some of the features you may want to consider when purchasing a metal detector include the following:
-Depth of detection: This refers to how deep the metal detector can detect objects.
-Target identification: This feature helps you determine what type of metal the detector is detecting.
-Pinpointing: This feature allows you to accurately locate the target using a small metal pointer.
-Ground balance: This helps the detector adjust to the ground’s mineral content, which can vary depending on the location.
FAQ #3: What are the different types of coils?
The different types of coils you may want to consider include the following:
-Round: This is the most common type of coil and is good for finding large objects.
-Double-D: This type of coil is good for finding small objects and is more sensitive than the round coil.
-Elliptical: This type of coil is good for finding large and small objects and is less sensitive than the round coil.
FAQ #4: What are the different types of batteries?
The different types of batteries you may want to consider include the following:
-Alkaline: This type of battery is the most common type and is good for general use.
-Nickel-cadmium: This type of battery is durable and can be recharged, but it is heavy.
-Lithium ion: This type of battery is lightweight and durable, but it is more expensive than the other types of batteries.
FAQ #5: What are the different types of metal detectors?
The three main types of metal detectors are pulse induction (PI), frequency modulation (FM), and very low frequency (VLF).