There are a lot of great telescopes out there, but finding the best one for you can be tricky. If you’re looking for the best telescopes for under $1000, we’ve got you covered. In this article, Besttechsmart will introduce the best telescopes in this price range, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
1. Gskyer Telescope
Telescopes are a great way to get a closer look at objects in the sky. There are many different types of telescopes available on the market, and each one has its own set of pros and cons.
Gskyer Telescope is a brand that offers a range of telescopes for both adults and kids. Their 80mm AZ Space Astronomical Refractor Telescope is a great option for those looking for an affordable and easy-to-use telescope. This telescope is quick and easy to set up, even for the novice, and is perfect for viewing objects in the sky such as the moon, planets, and stars. It also comes with three replaceable eyepieces (16X, 40X, and 80X), a 630 finder scope, and an erect-image diagonal, making it easy to locate and view objects.
The telescope also comes with an adjustable tripod, which allows for many different viewing positions. It is also made with optical glass that has been coated for enhanced image brightness, making it ideal for those who want to protect their eyes.
The Gskyer Telescope 80mm AZ Space Astronomical Refractor Telescope is a great option for those looking for an affordable and easy-to-use telescope. It is perfect for viewing objects in the sky such as the moon, planets, and stars, and comes with three replaceable eyepieces and an erect-image diagonal. The telescope also comes with an adjustable tripod for many different viewing positions.
- 【Ultra-clear Refracting Telescope】With 400 mm focal length and 80 mm aperture to capture more light picture and optical glass coated for enhanced image brightness to protect your eyes.
- 【Optimum Magnification】Three replaceable eyepiece (16X, 40X, 80X) with a 3X Barlow lens. 6*30 finder scope with mounting bracket, erect-image diagonal make locating objects more easily.
- 【Adjustable Tripod】This telescope allows for many different viewing positions with a adjustable tripod. Adjustable full size tripod ensures a stable platform.
- 【Applicable Use】This telescope is quick and easy to set up even for the novice and will encourage kids to love learning about space, great gift idea for kids who love science and astronomy!
- 【Satisfaction Quality】Reliable and friendly customer service within a 24 hour time frame. 1-YEAR care for free replacement.
2. NexStar 127SLT Computerized Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 127SLT telescope is a compact and portable telescope that is perfect for beginner astronomers. The telescope has a 127mm aperture and a 5 MaksutovCassegrain optical design. The telescope is also equipped with SkyAlign technology and a computerized hand control. The telescope also includes a StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects. The telescope also has an auxiliary port for additional accessories such as a GPS accessory. The telescope is easy to set up and use and includes The SkyX Planetarium software.
- COMPUTERIZED STAR LOCATING TELESCOPE: The Celestron NexStar 127SLT offers a database of more than 40,000 stars, galaxies, nebulae, and more. Simply choose an object and the telescope finds it for you in the night sky and tracks it as it moves.
- MAKSUTOV-CASSEGRAIN OPTICAL DESIGN: With a large, 127mm aperture, the NexStar 127SLT can gather enough light to see our Solar System and beyond. View Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s cloud bands, the Moon's craters, and the Orion Nebula in brilliant detail.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: The ideal telescope for adults and kids to use together, the NexStar 127SLT is compact, lightweight, and portable. It's easy to transport just about anywhere—your favorite campsite, a dark sky observing site, or simply the backyard.
- FAST SETUP WITH SKYALIGN: Celestron’s proprietary SkyAlign procedure has you ready to observe in minutes. Center any 3 bright objects in the eyepiece and the NexStar SLT aligns to the night sky, ready to locate thousands of objects.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from Celestron, a leading telescope brand in California since 1960. Your purchase includes a 2-Year US Warranty and unlimited support from our team of US-based experts.
3. 80mm Travel Scope – Portable Refractor Telescope
As a beginner astronomer, you may be wondering if the Celestron 80mm Travel Scope Portable Refractor Telescope is the right telescope for you. This telescope is perfect for beginners, with its superior optics, powerful eyepieces, and large 80mm objective lens. It also comes with a bonus bag, tripod, and software, making it the ideal telescope for anyone just getting started in the hobby.
One of the best features of the Celestron 80mm Travel Scope is its superior optics. The fully-coated glass optics provide bright, detailed views of celestial objects at night and land-based objects during the day. The telescope also comes with two high-quality eyepieces, 20mm and 10mm, that provide low and high-power views, respectively. With its large 80mm objective lens, the Celestron 80mm Travel Scope is perfect for anyone looking for a powerful telescope that is still easy to use.
The Celestron 80mm Travel Scope also comes with a bonus bag, tripod, and software. The backpack-style carrying case makes it easy to take your telescope anywhere, and the tripod is easy to set up and use. You’ll also receive a free download of one of the top-rated astronomy software programs.
Purchasing from an authorized dealer on Amazon gives you a 2-year US warranty and unlimited support from our team of US-based experts. So if you’re looking for an easy-to-use, powerful telescope that is perfect for beginners, the Celestron 80mm Travel Scope is the perfect choice.
- SUPERIOR OPTICS: The 80mm Travel Scope comes complete with fully-coated glass optics, a potent 80mm objective lens, a full-height tripod, bonus accessories, and a custom backpack to carry it all. Its quality is unmatched among competitors in its class.
- POWERFUL EYEPIECES FOR UP-CLOSE VIEWING: Our telescope for astronomy beginners is equipped with two high-quality eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) that provide low- and high-power views. Observe celestial objects at night and land-based objects during the day.
- LARGE 80MM OBJECTIVE LENS: This refractor telescope features a large, 80mm aperture objective lens that provides brighter, more detailed views compared to the 50mm model while adding very little additional weight.
- BONUS BAG, TRIPOD, AND SOFTWARE: Take your Travel Scope anywhere in the included travel backpack.The scope and tripod are easy to set up and use. You'll also receive a FREE download of one of the top-rated astronomy software programs.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from Celestron, a leading telescope brand in California since 1960. Purchasing from an Authorized Dealer on Amazon gives you a 2-Year US Warranty and unlimited support from our team of US-based experts.
4. StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ Smartphone App-Enabled Telescope
The StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ Smartphone AppEnabled Telescope is a great beginner telescope for anyone who wants to explore the night sky. This telescope is easy to set up and use, and comes with the StarSense Explorer app to help you find stars, planets, and more. The StarSense Explorer app is available for iPhone and Android devices, and generates a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and location. You can view planets brighter nebulae, galaxies, and star clusters from the city, PLUS fainter deep sky objects from darker sites. The StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ Smartphone AppEnabled Telescope also comes with a manual altazimuth mount with smooth dual-axis slowmotion controls, making it easy to follow the onscreen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- UNLEASH THE POWER OF YOUR SMARTPHONE: Let your iPhone or Android phone take you on a guided tour of the night sky—no telescope experience required. Just follow the arrows to locate stars, planets & more!
- PATENTED STARSENSE SKY RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGY: This one-of-a-kind telescope uses patented, award-winning StarSense sky recognition technology and your smartphone to analyze star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time.
- STARSENSE EXPLORER APP: The app generates a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time & location. View planets, brighter nebulae, galaxies, and star clusters from the city PLUS fainter, deep sky objects from darker sites.
- EASY TO SET UP AND USE: Manual altazimuth mount with smooth, dual-axis slow-motion controls makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- HIGH-QUALITY 130MM NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR: The 5" primary mirror features highly reflective coatings and enough light gathering ability to view craters on the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy, and Pleiades Open Star Cluster.
5. Celestron Omni XLT 120 Reflector Telescope
The Celestron Omni XLT 120 Reflector Telescope is a high-quality option for amateur astronomers. It is a 5.1″ refractor telescope with a 120mm aperture that offers excellent light-gathering capabilities. The telescope also features Starbright XLT coatings that increase light transmission and improve image clarity. Additionally, the German equatorial mount is precise and allows for smooth tracking of celestial objects. The telescope also includes a 6×30 optical finderscope, a sturdy tripod, and a 25mm eyepiece.
- CELESTRON’S LEGENDARY OMNI XLT REFRACTOR OPTICAL TUBE: Celestron technicians hand select the glass for each lens in your Omni XLT refractor so only the finest grade optical glass is used.
- STARBRIGHT XLT OPTICAL COATINGS: Every air-to-glass surface in the Omni XLT’s optical path is fully multi-coated with our proprietary StarBright XLT anti-reflective coatings for the maximum level of light transmission to the eye.
- ULTRA-PRECISE GERMAN EQUATORIAL MOUNT: Celestron CG-4 manual EQ mount with setting circles, worm gear slow-motion controls and ball bearings on both axes.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Everything you need to begin observing immediately—6x30 optical finderscope, sturdy full-height steel tripod with 1.75” legs, 1.25” star diagonal, and a 25mm multicoated eyepiece.
- BONUS ASTRONOMY SOFTWARE: Learn more about the night sky with your FREE download of Starry Night, one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs with a database of more than 36,000 celestial objects and printable sky maps.
6. Sky-Watcher Quattro 250P Imaging Newtonian – Large Aperture 10-inch Reflector Optical Tube for Astrophotography
The SkyWatcher Quattro 250P Imaging Newtonian is a large aperture (10-inch) reflector optical tube that is fast (f4) and perfect for astrophotography. With a bright focal ratio, the Quattro captures greater detail in a shorter exposure time. The Quattro also features a 2-inch dualspeed crayfordstyle focuser that never misses focus, an oversized secondary mirror that illuminates both APSC and fullframe DSLRs without vignetting, and multiple knifeedge baffles to minimize stray light. Plus, everything you need is included right out of the box, including tube rings, a Vixenstyle dovetail, an 8×50 straightthrough finderscope and bracket.
- Fast f/4 optics: With a bright f/4 focal ratio, the Quattro Imaging Newtonian captures greater detail in a shorter exposure time
- 2-inch dual-speed crayford-style focuser: Never miss focus with this 2-inch dual-speed crayford style focuser
- Oversized secondary mirror: All Quattro Newtonians use an oversized secondary mirror capable of illuminating both APS-C and full-frame DSLRs without vignetting
- Knife-edge baffles: Multiple knife-edge baffles minimize stray light from entering the optical tube and ruining your imaging or viewing experience
- Everything you need: While most manufacturers make you pay extra, Sky-Watcher gives you everything you need right out of the box, including: tube rings, a Vixen-style dovetail, and an 8x50 straight-through finderscope and bracket
1. What should I consider when buying a telescope?
When purchasing a telescope, you will need to consider the aperture size (the diameter of the main lens or mirror), the focal length, and the type of mount. The aperture size is important because it determines how much light the telescope can collect, and the focal length determines how magnified an image will be. The type of mount is important because it determines how stable the telescope will be when viewing.
2. What are the different types of telescopes?
The three main types of telescopes are refractors, reflectors, and compound telescopes. Refractors use a lens to focus light, reflectors use a mirror to focus light, and compound telescopes use a combination of lenses and mirrors.
3. What is the aperture size?
The aperture size is the diameter of the main lens or mirror in a telescope. It is important to consider because it determines how much light the telescope can collect.
4. What is the focal length?
The focal length is the distance between the telescope’s lens or mirror and the point where the image is focused. It is important to consider because it determines how magnified the image will be.
5. What is the type of mount?
The type of mount is important because it determines how stable the telescope will be when viewing. The three main types of mounts are equatorial mounts, altazimuth mounts, and Dobsonian mounts.