There are a lot of great telescopes out there, but finding the best ones can be tricky. Luckily, Besttechsmart have done the legwork for you and compiled a list of the best telescopes under $150. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned stargazer, there’s something on this list for everyone.
1. Portable Refractor Telescope
The Celestron 70mm Travel Scope Portable Refractor Telescope is a great beginner telescope. It is easy to set up and use, and comes with a custom backpack to carry it all. It has a powerful 70mm objective lens that provides brighter, more detailed views than the 50mm model. The telescope is also equipped with two high-quality eyepieces for low and high-power viewing. It has a large aperture objective lens that provides brighter views compared to the 50mm model. The telescope also comes with a free download of one of the top-rated astronomy software programs.
- SUPERIOR OPTICS: The 70mm Travel Scope comes complete with fully-coated glass optics, a potent 70mm objective lens, a full-height tripod, bonus accessories, and a custom backpack to carry it all. Its quality is unmatched among competitors in its class.
- POWERFUL EYEPIECES FOR UP-CLOSE VIEWING: Our telescope for astronomy beginners is equipped with two high-quality eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) that provide low- and high-power views. Observe celestial objects at night and land-based objects during the day.
- LARGE 70MM OBJECTIVE LENS: This refractor telescope features a large, 70mm aperture objective lens that provides brighter, more detailed views compared to the 50mm model while adding very little additional weight.
- BONUS BAG, TRIPOD, AND SOFTWARE: Take your Travel Scope anywhere in the included travel backpack.The scope and tripod are easy to set up and use. You'll also receive a FREE download of one of the top-rated astronomy software programs.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from Celestron, a leading telescope brand in California since 1960. Purchasing from an Authorized Dealer on Amazon gives you a 2-Year US Warranty and unlimited support from our team of US-based experts.
2. occer Telescope FMC Optic
Telescopes can be a great way for people of all ages to view the world around them in a new way. There are different types of telescopes for different skill levels, and each has its own unique set of pros and cons.
The Occer Telescope is a refractor telescope that has a focal length of 400mm and an aperture of 70mm. It is made with high resolution fully multicoated lens coating and has excellent transmittance, allowing for clear viewing of objects. This telescope also comes with a finderscope to help you quickly target objects, and it is adjustable to fit people of different heights. It is easy to set up without any additional tools, and it is designed for beginners. The telescope also comes with a universal smartphone adapter to allow you to take pictures and videos with your phone.
The Occer Telescope is a great tool for beginners and is also widely used by experienced telescope users. It is easy to set up and use, and it comes with all the necessary accessories. The telescope is also designed with a backpack, making it more convenient to carry outside than traditional carrying cases.
- 【 ✔ FULLY MULTI-COATED LENS COATING-WITH BRIGHT IMAGES】Occer telescope with 400mm focal length and 70mm aperture was adopted high resolution fully multi-coated lens coating and Owning excellent transmittance that can get a crystal clear viewing,even can make object easier to get into the field of view.What is more,these telescopes for beginners comes with a finderscope that can help you target the object quickly，then you can use the telescope to observed.
- 【✔ ADJUSTABLE TRIPOD FIT FOR MANY PEOPLE】Our astronomical telescope is equipped with an adjustable tripod stand.Made of high quality aluminum alloy and non-slip design that is lightweight but sturdy tripod. Besides,it is not only suitable for adults,beginners,but also kids.Because the telescope tripod can be extendable from 16.5 inches to 49.6 inches.It is really a Humanize design!
- 【✔ EASY TO SET UP】Occer high power telescope can set up quickly without additional tools.Definitely designed for beginner to use.Furthermore,the refractor telescope designed with a Screw that can adjust for the tightness of the focusing mechanism.
- 【✔ UNIVERSAL SMARTPHONE ADAPTER】This travel telescope also with an universal phone adapter is really convenient,which can attach your phone,then you can take photos or videos.In addition,it also works on binoculars,monocular,spotting scope,and so on.What a powerful tool!
- 【✔ WIDELY USED & WITH TELESCOPE BACKPACK】The astronomical telescope not only can observe the Moon and bright planets,but also good for daylight viewing of wildlife.Even offering 1.25" telescope eyepieces K20mm,K9mm,and 3x barlow lense satisfy all of your needs.Moreover，equipped with telescope backpack can contain all accessories and is more convenient for carrying outside than Traditional carrying case.
3. Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
The MaksutovCassegrain telescope is a powerful beginner’s telescope that is much more compact than it looks. This telescope is perfect for kids or adults who are new to astronomy, as it is easy to set up and use. The MaksutovCassegrain design minimizes spherical and chromatic aberrations, providing clear, high-contrast images. The telescope also includes a 20mm eyepiece, a phone adapter, a tabletop tripod, and an erect-image diagonal.
- 【Sharp Crystal-clear Views】This beginner telescope is much more powerful than it looks! Thanks to its Maksutov-Cassegrain design, high-precision fully multi-coated optical glass lens, both spherical and chromatic abberrations are minimized. It not only delivers vivid high-contrast images for daytime viewing such as birds and wildlife, but also enables astronomical exploration including Saturn, Jupiter, craters on the Moon, etc.
- 【See How It Works Inside】The ingenious design of the detachable lid reveals the internal construction of the telescope and helps you understand how it works. Make it an appealing educational kit for the young minds. But keep in mind not to touch the mirrors with your fingers and avoid making it dusty.
- 【Compact and Portable】Maksutov-Cassegrain mechanism makes this telescope much more compact than a equivalent refractor or Newtonian. With a long focal length of 750mm, the tube length is only 200mm. Easy to pack and go on a adventure anytime.
- 【Superior Eyepiece】The included high-quality 20mm eyepiece brings 37.5X magnification, providing high-power sharp views on distant objects. You can see any targets more than 8 meters away. Accessories also include a phone adapter, a tabletop tripod and an erect-image diagonal.
- 【Satisfaction】This Mak telescope that combines power and simplicity requires no-tool super easy setup. It's a perfect gift for kids or adults astronomy beginners. You will also receive one-year hassel-free warranty and 24-hour friendly customer service.
4. Monoculars Telescope
Monocular telescopes are growing in popularity as smartphone attachments. They offer a compact and portable option for viewing objects at a distance, and can be a great choice for outdoor activities. There are a number of different features to consider when choosing a monocular telescope, and there are both pros and cons to using them.
One of the biggest pros to using a monocular telescope is that they are compact and portable. They typically weigh around 125 pounds, making them easy to carry with you on outdoor adventures. They also come with a crossbody case, which makes them even more convenient to take with you. Additionally, many monocular telescopes are water resistant and have a nonslip rubber coating, making them suitable for most outdoor conditions.
Another pro to using a monocular telescope is that they offer a powerful camera function. The newly upgraded universal phone adapter fits all smartphones, and the 22 extendable tripod with adapter ensures stable photo shooting. This makes the monocular telescope a great choice for gifts, especially for Father’s Day, Children’s Day, and Christmas.
However, there are also a few cons to using a monocular telescope. One is that they can be difficult to use if you wear glasses. The eyecups need to be twisted up and down to see the world with or without glasses, and the eye relief range is typically 136mm to 196mm. Additionally, the center focus wheel can be difficult to adjust if your eyes are not used to using it.
Another con to using a monocular telescope is that they can be expensive. The average price for a monocular telescope is around $130, which can be a bit pricey for some people. However, there are a number of different features to consider when purchasing a monocular telescope, so it is important to do your research before making a decision.
Overall, monocular telescopes can be a great choice for viewing objects at a distance. They are compact and portable, and offer a powerful camera function. However, they can be difficult to use if you wear glasses, and they can be expensive.
- High Power Monocular for Bird Watching, Hunting, Stargazing, Traveling & Whale Watching: 10x42 high powered OUTMOON monocular provide 10X magnification and 18mm eyepieces, feature a large field of view, and delivers large and clear details.
- Vivid, Clear & Bright View Even in Low-Light: The monocular telescope provide 42mm large objective lens, collect more lights, deliver brighter view; BAK4 prism and FMC are usually applied in professional monocular, increasing light transmittance and providing good color reproduction. All of these provide premium image quality.
- Compact and Portable, Perfect for the Outdoors: Ideal choice for outdoor activities with only 1.25 lbs weight and crossbody case. Non-slip rubber and water resistance are suitable for most outdoor occasions. Lanyard is inculded to easy carrying.
- Simple to Use, Comfortable Experience: Twist the eyecups up and down to see the world with or without glasses - eye relief range 13.6mm - 19.6mm. Adjust the center focus wheel to easily fit your eyes.
- Powerful Camera Function, The Ideal Choice for Gifts: Newly upgraded universal phone adapter fits all smartphones; 360 Degree swivel and 2.2＂ extendable tripod with adapter ensures stable photo shooting. The ideal gift for Father's Day, Children's Day and Christmas Gift. Ideal gift for outdoor.
A telescope is a great investment for anyone interested in astronomy or simply looking for a unique hobby. Telescopes come in a variety of sizes and prices, making it difficult to determine which one is the best for you.
If you’re looking for a telescope under $150, here are five of the most frequently asked questions:
1. What is the best telescope for a beginner?
A good telescope for a beginner is one that is easy to use and has a wide viewing range. The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ is a good option for both beginners and experienced users.
2. What are the different types of telescopes?
There are three main types of telescopes: refractors, reflectors, and compound telescopes. Refractors use a lens to focus the light, reflectors use a mirror, and compound telescopes use both a lens and a mirror.
3. What are the benefits of a telescope?
Telescopes offer a number of benefits, including the ability to see distant objects in greater detail, the opportunity to view the night sky in a new way, and the ability to participate in astronomy research.
4. What is the best telescope for an amateur astronomer?
The best telescope for an amateur astronomer is one that is easy to use and has a wide range of features. The Celestron NexStar 6SE is a good option for amateur astronomers.
5. What should I consider when purchasing a telescope?
When purchasing a telescope, you should consider the size of the telescope, the type of telescope, the features of the telescope, and the price of the telescope.