There’s no question that a quality telescope is a significant investment. But to get the most out of your telescope, you also need quality eyepieces. In this article, Best Techsmart introduce you to the best zoom eyepieces for telescope use.
A zoom eyepiece allows you to change the magnification of your telescope without having to change eyepieces. This is extremely convenient, especially if you’re observing objects at different distances. Zoom eyepieces also tend to be very high quality, so you can be sure you’re getting the most out of your telescope.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a zoom eyepiece. First, you’ll want to make sure the eyepiece is compatible with your telescope. Second, you’ll want to consider the eyepiece’s field of view and eye relief. Finally, you’ll want to decide how much you’re willing to spend.
With those factors in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best zoom eyepieces for telescope use.
1. Celestron 93230 8 to 24mm 1.25 Zoom Eyepiece & 93428 X-Cel LX 1.25-Inch 3x Barlow Lens
The Celestron 93230 8 to 24mm 125 Zoom Eyepiece is a versatile eyepiece that can be used with any telescope that accepts 125 eyepieces. This eyepiece has fully multicoated optics that offer bright, sharp images with excellent color correction. The barrel is threaded to accept standard 125 filters.
The eyepiece has a rubber grip to help avoid accidental drops, and the barrel is also threaded to accept standard 125 filters. The eyepiece zooms to any focal length between 8 mm and 24 mm, so you can pick the best magnification for your subject. Additionally, the eyepiece comes with a quality XCel LX 3x Barlow tripling the magnification of any 125 eyepiece.
- Zoom from low to high power in an instant with this versatile eyepiece!
- Compatible with any telescope that accepts 1.25” eyepieces
- This fully multi-coated Premium eyepiece zooms to any focal length between 8 mm and 24 mm - pick the best magnification for your subject
- Quality X-Cel LX 3x Barlow triples the magnification of any 1.25” eyepiece, perfect for owners of fast, short focal length telescopes
- 3-element apochromatic, fully multi-coated optics offer up bright, sharp images with excellent color correction
2. Celestron 52250 Ultima Spotting Scope
The Celestron Ultima Spotting Scope is a great choice for the outdoor enthusiast. It has an 80mm objective lens and a 45 viewing angle, making it perfect for observing nature and long-distance viewing. It also includes essentials for better viewing, such as an extended tripod mounting plate, a zoom eyepiece with an integrated adapter for digiscoping, and a soft carrying case.
The optics on the Ultima are multicoated, which helps to improve the color and contrast of images and maximize brightness. The large focus dial on the Ultima also allows you to bring your subject into razor-sharp focus before it moves away. And the zoom eyepiece helps you zero in for detailed views of distant subjects in seconds.
Plus, the Ultima comes with a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts. So you can buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand.
- ULTIMA ANGLED SPOTTING SCOPE: The outdoor enthusiast’s choice is our great all-around spotting scope with an 80mm objective lens and a 45 degree viewing angle. Perfect for observing nature and long-distance viewing.
- INCLUDES ESSENTIALS FOR BETTER VIEWING: Celestron Ultima 80 includes an extended tripod mounting plate, a zoom eyepiece with an integrated T-adapter for digiscoping, a carrying case, an eyepiece lens cap, an eyepiece port cover, a soft carrying case, an eyepiece pouch, a lens cloth, and an instruction manual.
- MULTI-COATED OPTICS: Every lens surface is coated multiple times with anti-reflective coatings to improve the color and contrast of images and maximize brightness, so you can enjoy brighter and sharper images, even when ambient lighting conditions are dim.
- SHARP ZOOM EYEPIECE FUNCTION: Our Ultima 80 Spotting Scope features a large focus dial, allowing you to bring your subject into razor-sharp focus before it moves away. The included zoom eyepiece helps you zero in for detailed views of distant subjects in seconds.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world’s 1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
3. Celestron AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit
Telescope enthusiasts often have a variety of eyepieces and other accessories to choose from when observing objects in the night sky. Celestron’s AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit offers a variety of items to enhance the viewing experience. This kit includes a 15 mm Kellner eyepiece, a 6 mm Plssl eyepiece, a 2x Power Lens, a blue planetary filter, a red planetary filter, a moon filter, and a carrying case.
The 15 mm Kellner eyepiece provides a higher magnification than the 6 mm Plssl eyepiece. The 2x Power Lens doubles the magnification of any eyepiece used with it. The blue planetary filter enhances the details on Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and Venus. The red planetary filter enhances the details on Mars and Venus. The moon filter allows detailed views of the moon especially during the brighter phases. The carrying case fits all of the included items in the diecut foam interior.
The AstroMaster Telescope Accessory Kit is a great way to add versatility to your telescope. The eyepieces and filters provide a variety of viewing options, and the carrying case keeps everything organized and together.
- 15 mm Kellner Eyepiece.6 mm Plössl Eyepiece.2x Power Lens with T-threads.80A Blue Planetary Filter.2
- Fully-coated eyepieces for higher magnification.2x Power Lens will double the magnification of any e
- 2x Power Lens features t-threads to attach a camera to your telescope (with optional t-ring).Planeta
- Moon filter allows detailed views of the Moon especially during the brighter phases
- Carrying case fits all of the included items in the die-cut foam interior
4. 3.6mm and 6.3mm Set Orion E-Series Telescope Eyepieces
Telescope eyepieces can be a great way to enhance the performance of your telescope, and this power pair of two 125 telescope eyepieces will help you get upclose looks of astronomical objects without emptying your wallet. Each eyepiece in the set has a short focal length of 36mm or 63mm, which will amaze you with highpower views of celestial objects. The eyepieces are threaded for use with optional Orion eyepiece filters, so you can enhance performance easily. Boost the power of your starter telescope with this moneysaving eyepiece set.
- Power pair of two 1.25" telescope eyepieces will help you get up-close looks of astronomical objects without emptying your wallet
- Short focal length telescope eyepieces of 3.6mm and 6.3mm will amaze you with high-power views of celestial objects
- Both eyepieces in the set feature fully coated optics for views that are bright and clear
- Threaded for use with optional Orion eyepiece filters so you can enhance performance easily
- Boost the power of your starter telescope with this money-saving eyepiece set!
5. Celestron PowerSeeker Accessory Kit Telescope
Telescopes are a great way to view the night sky, and with the Celestron PowerSeeker Accessory Kit, you can get even more out of your telescope. This economical seven-piece kit includes two full-size eyepieces, three telescope eyepiece filters, a cleaning cloth, and a carrying case.
The two eyepieces included in the kit are a 15mm Kellner eyepiece and a 9mm high-power eyepiece. The 15mm eyepiece gives a medium power view, while the 9mm eyepiece provides a high power view. With these two eyepieces, you can see a variety of celestial objects in detail.
The kit also includes three telescope eyepiece filters. The Moon filter helps reduce the glare from the Moon, making it easier to see details on the lunar surface. The two color filters, Red and Blue, allow you to see features on planets like Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn in greater detail.
The kit comes with a hard plastic carrying case to keep your accessories safe and organized. The foam-lined interior protects your eyepieces and filters from damage.
- Fully-coated eyepieces for higher magnification
- Planetary filters enhance details on Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Venus
1. What is a zoom eyepiece?
A zoom eyepiece is an eyepiece that allows the user to change the magnification of an image. This is done by adjusting the eyepiece itself, which allows the user to select different focal lengths.
2. What are the benefits of using a zoom eyepiece?
There are several benefits of using a zoom eyepiece. First, it allows the user to change the magnification of an image without having to change the eyepiece. This can be helpful if the user wants to change the magnification for different applications. Second, it allows the user to change the magnification without having to move the telescope. This can be helpful if the user wants to keep the telescope in a fixed position.
3. What are the different types of zoom eyepieces?
There are two types of zoom eyepieces: variable and fixed. Variable zoom eyepieces allow the user to change the magnification of an image by adjusting the eyepiece itself. Fixed zoom eyepieces allow the user to change the magnification of an image by changing the telescope’s focal length.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of variable zoom eyepieces?
The advantages of variable zoom eyepieces are that they allow the user to change the magnification of an image without having to change the eyepiece, and they allow the user to change the magnification without having to move the telescope. The disadvantages of variable zoom eyepieces are that they are more expensive than fixed zoom eyepieces, and they can be more difficult to use.
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of fixed zoom eyepieces?
The advantages of fixed zoom eyepieces are that they are less expensive than variable zoom eyepieces, and they are easier to use. The disadvantages of fixed zoom eyepieces are that they do not allow the user to change the magnification of an image.